RFPs and Careers
Community Engagement Specialist
The City and County of Denver Auditor’s Office is seeking a Community Engagement Specialist to work with the Denver Labor Division of the Auditor’s Office and the Auditor’s Office Communications team. Under the general direction of the Director of Communications, and working with the leaders in Denver Labor, the Community Engagement Specialist will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Use fluent spoken and written Spanish to communicate professionally with the public on multiple platforms and to translate communications materials from English to Spanish.
- Maintain internal SharePoint intranet page and resources
- Perform website updates and backend maintenance through WordPress
- Conduct extensive community outreach, including evening and weekend meetings
- Answer constituent phone calls/emails in a timely manner upon request
- Support day-to-day social media posts and support moderation of social forums as directed
- Act as backup for media contacts when supervisor is unavailable
- Contribute content and help manage production of monthly e-newsletter
- Maintain the Auditor’s CRM (Salesforce) through regular data entry, merging and elimination of duplicates, and uploading new data sets
- Develop comprehensive timelines for events, implement agreed upon advertising strategy within budget, and manage all aspects of an event including venue, partner booths, entertainment, speakers, handouts, presentations, insurance, and overall logistics.
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of professional level experience performing communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- License: Requires a valid Driver’s License at the time of application.
- Knowledge of best practices for online tools including WordPress, social media platforms, SharePoint, and Salesforce. Please include examples in your application, resume, or cover letter.
- Fluency in Spanish is required. Please state your fluency level in Spanish in your application, resume, or cover letter. Candidates who move past the first interview will be required to complete a writing test in English and in Spanish.